Thursday, May 24, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flowers!

New Headbands !
Yesterday was bright & clear and I got outside to snap a few pics... so many mosquitos!

I have been busy making new headbands inspired by my friend's sweet granddaughter!
She was given one as a gift by a month or so ago, after my first batch of flower headbands "bloomed", and apparently she LOVES it and wears it a LOT!!  I wish I had a photo of her to post here. I think headbands are better viewed on a head, of course. :)
The only willing model I have here is my cat and he is not always willing at the same time I have my camera ready. :)



I am posting quite a few here in hopes she can look at them and "shop" for herself.
This one is pretty deep purple headband with a bright candy pink flower, the center has tiny bluey-purple glass beads handsewn and one bright yellow bead in the center! 


The ONLY one I used a button in the center...the button was sparkly & matched to soft turquoise merino wool I use for the headband part. The flower looks kinda blue in this photo but it is really a dark purple.





Bigger flower...deep magenta headband.. colors inspired by my orchids in bloom

 a BOUQUET!
100% wool felted headband with needle felted flowers & handsewn glass beads

the "first" batch

No comments:

Post a Comment