Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Inlay designs.... with wet felting

Felt Bag or Purse
These are two of my felt bags. They are approximately 6x8 inches with long handles. Made from NZ Corridale wool. I used a black wool roving type yarn that I got a Michael's for  the inlay design. I loved playing with the yarn making the swirly inlay design.


   

 Heres another bag which I have not added handles or decided how I want to finish. This I played with some prefelts and yarns laying thin wisps of the main color sliver to "lock" them in place. Daffodils were in bloom!
There is a "before picture" of this inlay on my May 14th post

close up felt inlay pre-felt & wool yarn

Another bag playing around with felt inlays made from prefelt and also little snippets of wool yarn.


 My thanks to Chad Alice Hagen for the  directions... 
this is "The Perfect Little Bag" from her book
Feltmaking: Fabulous Wearables, Jewelry & Home Accents


No comments:

Post a Comment