Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Needle felted Japanese Dolls on Holiday!

Needle-felted kokeshi dolls
After selecting their parasols, the ladies head to the Aquarium for a visit


there is much to talk about.

 Look at the lovely flowers that adorn their hair!

they pose for a photo!

I am so excited!!  
I have a "order" for forty of my darling needle felted Japanese Kokeshi dolls! 

They will be given as gifts to the host families this summer that are hosting the LABO delegates that will arrive in Virginia for a one-month homestay in July.

I have been busily poking wool and creating these dolls. It is funny how they seem to come to life as I work with them, how they seem t have a personality of their own. I love that they will be gifts and that after the Japanese kids return home these will stay as reminders their hosting experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment