Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fish Bowls & Super Moons

 Last Tuesday, I felted what I am calling my "Fish Bowl" to submit to the "Something Fishy" exhibit at the Louisa Arts Center. Don't have photos of it yet.... but I was very pleased with the way it turned out. I made orange felt inlay koi fish, positioned three of them to look as if they were swimming around this top of the felt "bowl". I used mostly Corridale and also some Coopworth curly locks that i got from the Wild Wooly lady from west Virginia~ Hope.

Just finished printing off the entry form and see that I can submit three items, so I plan to make a couple more when I get back from the Outer banks.

 So, last night was the SUPERMOON... it rained all late afternoon so we were not able to see it rise which I think was likely the most spectacular part of the experience.
 But it did clear up and I got a look at it while I was out loading some things in the car in preparation for out trip to the beach. I am looking forward to looking at the full moon reflected on the ocean...heavenly


Now, the dish washer is broken and I am unloading all the dirty dishes and washing them by hand before we hop in the car and drive away from the sunset and towards the Atlantic Ocean. I am taking a bunch of stuff to needle felt in my attempt to limit the amount of fluff

No comments:

Post a Comment