Saturday, October 13, 2012

acorns & pumpkins

colorful needle felted acorns bask in the autumn sunshine


Inspired by the beautiful colors of the fall trees, 
I  created some fall color of my own.
This rainbow array of acorns were made collecting acorn tops while taking walks with my dog in the woods. I then baked the tops to ensure they were nicely dry & that there was nothing living in or on them.I began by needle felting little balls of 
Corriedale roving and then hot glued the acorn top back! Easy peasy.
needle felted pumpkin pincushions & needle felted acorn necklaces
With some of the acorn tops my oh-so-helpful husband drilled tiny holes with a dremel tool. I threaded colorful ribbons in and tied a knot on the inside of the cap and then hot glued the cap onto the acorn. It takes some testing to find the right top for the right acorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment