Sunday, December 30, 2012

Felt Soap!

Now that Christmas is behind us and I am not making Santa's, snowmen and angels, I am needing to create other felty fun things.
So while watching Lord of the Rings ( the first two movies) with my family this week, I made these soaps. 

I wrapped wool around the bars of soap ( i used a variety of soaps, but mainly using Yardley's English Lavender) and needled the designs loosely in place before adding water and wet felting the wool around the soap until the wool shruck and it was nice and snug around the soap.

My felted soaps with needle felted embellishments

Fresh scented soap encased in soft merino 100% wool.
 Gently exfoliates while it cleans! After use, place so it can air dry.  
When the soap is gone, you can use the felt as a scrubby pad or you can cut a slit in it, insert another bar of soap, and then stitch it closed.

~Using Felted Soap is Good Clean Fun~




Hand Felted Soaps



No comments:

Post a Comment