Sunday, November 25, 2012

Red Haired Angel

Thanksgiving Angels~ Needle Felted with LOVE!



Thanksgiving was a little unusual this year. My husband had to work. My oldest daughter's hubby was out of town & she had to work. So we had our Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday...  cooked a picture perfect turkey- golden brown with all the trimmings and usual "sides." Eliza and I got up early and baked two pies with crusts made from scratch. Pumpkin & Pecan... both yummy.

On "real" Thanksgiving, Eliza went to work with Gabe and I was home alone. I spent the morning curled up on the couch with kitty at my feet and the dog curled up on the rug. I discovered Rebeca of Sunnybrook Farm with Shirley Temple on TV and was happily felting away creating these angels.

Sometimes when i end up making multiples of things at one time I get a bit more creative ( usually because I don't like doing the same thing over & over). I found some yellowish doll hair yarn and tried out a new  hair "do".... one things led to another and the red haired angel was born!

It's a bit hard to tell the actual color in this photo but it's close!

Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment