Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fairy Friends....

One of a kind felt fairies

A few weeks ago someone asked me to make some little fairies for her daughter's fairy garden. I had been wanting to make some little fairies for awhile and this was just the inspiration I needed.

Felt Fairies

These are made from wool roving, which is sometimes called Magic Wool. They begin  with a pipe cleaner armature and  then I wrap the wool tightly to make the body. Some have a little wooden head,  others are wool.  
I wrap another color to make "stockings" and the shirt. The skirts are cut from hand made felt that I have made using a wet felting process.












This one is an extra special one that i made for Katie. It is like my larger woll fairies, but I think it may not lend itslef to playing with as much becuase the wool roving is a bit fussier than the felted "skirt"






there are more on my facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment