Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pumpkins & Penguins


I've been making little needle felted pumpkins and penguins!

 These are not quite done, but I wanted to write a post and there's that saying:
 "a picture is like a thousand words" ( or something like that).

needle felted penguin

This is a close up of the penguins and is really more true to color. I have wet felted some wool that I intend to use for the feet and am considering how I want to do the eyes. The book, wool pets  by Laurie Sharp, was a given to me a few weeks ago by a dear friend. It is a delightful book of needle felted "pets".  I had been eager to try making these. They are so cute and fun to make.


needle felted penguins atop of needled felted pumpkins

I am off now to add some stems to the pumpkins and the finishing toughes to the penguins



No comments:

Post a Comment