Thursday, July 19, 2012

My First Felt Hat!

I made my first felt hat yesterday!

Using the "Dapper Flapper" pattern from Gillian Harris' book - complete feltmaking! 
 Mine was not so dapper, however! I think I may have enlarged the pattern incorrectly. I used some lovely coral colored merino along with some varigated merino I acquired from Stony Mountain Fibers. The hat fits fine... but it was long ( like I could have pulled it down over my face well beyond my chin..lol) I trimmed it and rolled up the brim.

 This is when I wish I had a "smart phone" and I can just take a pic & upload it... but my phone is not that smart, so I have to use the camera & then upload to computer and then post here...
So I will have pics up in a day or so
 Going back to the drawing board and felt another today and maybe make some modifications on my design.

 The miracle chick is doing well & holding his own  and runnning out the the pen with the big girls (hens) I am thinking of him as a "he" but really hoping he's a she. I do NOT need another rooster. :)

 and, today,  I have over 500 page views!! Whoo hoo!!! thanks folks

No comments:

Post a Comment