Monday, April 23, 2012

Chicken Soup with Rice



Today was a good day to make chicken soup. It was unseasonably cold and rainy with highs in the 40's. We have been having 80 degree weather so it was a bit of a shock to the system, yet at the same time, rather cozy. Perfect for making soup and needle felting!
 I had cooked down a rotisserie chicken a day ago and used that as my "base".... added some mixed veggies from the freezer & a package of Knorr vegetable soup mix, some chopped red onion and brown rice. YUM!

Felted friends visit the aquarium
 
    I finished putting a few finishing touches on some of the Japanese "ladies"... added hair to one & some "accessories." I found some terrific black year with flecks of colors in it & it gets thin & thicker and is just wonderful for making their "hair-dos"!


Just managed to take a few photos & get them posted
 here after I returned home from knitting @ Melonies. 



Needle felted sushi
  Also made some needle-felted "sushi" and got some decent photos of that. 
Some day I might have to figure out what all the settings are on my camera... 
right now it's just kind of "point & shoot" and see  if I get lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment