Thursday, February 14, 2013

~Magic Wool Fairies~

Blue Princess Fairy
The Blue fairy~ kinda like the one in Pinocchio.



Woodland Fairy



I've been making these needle felted fairies. The one on the left is my Woodland Fairy. It's a little tricky to see in the photos but she has green & brown feathers for wings. I should have taken a shot from the back so you can see her pretty hair! Coopworth curly locks from my friend Hope over in West Va. She hand dyes her wool... it is fabulous stuff for felting~ especially for fairy hair!

You can see her feather "wings' a bit better here

peach Blossom Fairy
 and my peach Blossom Fairy.

I'd been experimenting with making fairies off and on over the past year or so.
 For Christmas, my dear husband got me the book Magic Wool Fairies by Christine Schafer. 
It was wonderfully helpful with detailed instructions.

 I have been making these for the past couple of weeks and having such a delightful time... it feels as if I am bringing them to life. each one seems so individual and has a distinct personality!





No comments:

Post a Comment